Well today Nolan and I started school again. The entire break I kept thinking "I'll update my blog today!" and then I wouldn't get to it. So finally last night I looked at my blog and was so tired with the way it looked, that I took a little time today to change some things! (PS sorry to all you prudes out there who don't like the picture of us kissing. I just couldn't help myself! That was the exact spot we got engaged 3 years earlier!) So anyways here is a short summary of what's been going on. This summer Nolan had his Air Force training while I went to Montana to spend time with my family. Then I headed to Utah to pick Nolan up from the airport. We spent some time with the Carliles, saw a few friends then headed back to Iowa. The day we got back (or maybe two days...) we left on our cruise!
This is a picture from outside our hotel room in Florida
This was our cruise boat!
And of course I have to put a picture of the towel animals!
I loved this shell that Nolan is holding. We found it at the beach we were at and there was something living in it. I wanted to kill the little animal and keep the shell, but I guess that's cruel or something, so we let it live.
The ship on the right was ours. The funny thing is, it was HUGE! In fact, it's the biggest ship in the Carnival fleet. But it just looks like a baby next to the GINORMOUS Royal Caribbean Ship. (However, we did talk to some of their passengers and they said it was too big. So take that Royal Caribbean!)
Then we had to leave. It was a very sad day for us. We came back to Iowa and Nolan and I both started school. Here is a picture of Nolan on his first day back...
I started a new job at an Urgent Care clinic, which is so much better than working nights at the hospital, and I started medical assistant school. As I am writing this I am about half way done with the program and really excited to start working as a medical assistant!
Another accomplishment of mine.... I FINALLY RAN A HALF MARATHON! I did it in 2 hours and 7 min. I was very proud of myself. It was called the Monster Dash and it was in October. My pictures aren't working but maybe I'll but one up some day.
Anyways, then there was Thanksgiving and Christmas. Here are some pictures of our Christmas!
Here is a picture of our new Christmas tree and Nolan
I wanted to use the last picture for a Christmas card, but Nolan doesn't like the goofy pictures as much as I do!
We got some really great Christmas present including some really pretty earrings for me and a nice new watch for Nolan. For New Years we had some friends over and played games.
One of my New Years resolutions (or goals, I guess) is to update my blog more often. And take more pictures. Nolan and I don't take very many pictures anymore, so we've got a million from when we were dating, and practically none from our marriage! So we'll work on that.
Well friends and family, I really miss you all. I've been thinking about that a lot lately. Sometimes I just want to go back to Logan and live it all over again! Nostalgia is the worst sometimes!
4 comments:
So, when we found out we were moving over to the East coast I was thrilled because I thought we would be closer to you guys. And thought about the possibility of traveling to visit. Then tonight I decided to check map quest to see how much closer, if any, we are going to be.... Well, we went from 15 or so hours from Salt Lake to you, to now, 16 hours 16 minutes from where we will be living in Virginia! Shoot! Oh well. Tell Nolan he should do his residency over in Virginia. Just a thought. I love the update. Congrats on the half marathon. That is incredible. I was proud of my 10k, so I can't imagine how elated you were on that day! And you both look amazing by the way! Glad to hear all is well. Keep your blog updated. (I know, I am a hypocrite!)
Yay! An update! This was fun to see. We are so happy to have you guys close enough to see you fairly often - my girls are always asking about the next time you are coming...in fact, just this morning Mae asked when you were coming again! We love ya!
Thanks for letting me see an update of your lovely face. Looks like you guys are up to fun and a big Woot! for completing the half marathon! Did you celebrate at Chuck a Rama afterwards? Miss you lots and tell your friend Jamie Freckleton that if she happens to be moving to Charlottesville Virginia that we will be friends and I can be her tour guide! I am serious...
I am so glad you updated your blog!! :) I love it!
I was going through some college things the other night and found a postcard you gave me from New Zealand! Made me think about all those wonderful times in Brentwood!!
Post a Comment