


On Wednesday June 17th I showed up at Erica's house at 5:30 with a dozen red roses and informed her that I had gotten the day off for her (she was supposed to work at 6 am). I had her get in her hiking clothes before going out for breakfast at Angie's in Logan. After Breakfast we drove up to Jardine Juniper trail head in logan canyon and began a wonderful hike. It was cloudy and misty but everything was so green it was beautiful. We hiked the 6 miles up to the old Jardine Juniper tree (3200 yrs old) and all the way up I was looking for the perfect place to surprise her with a ring. after taking pictures of the tree we headed back down and walking behind her I got the ring out of my back pack and into my pocket and about 1.5 miles back down we came back to a beautiful spot featuring a rock perfect for holding a camera. I told her I wanted a picture of us so we stopped and I set the camera up for a timer and placed her where I want her, pushed the countdown button and walked over to her. Instead of standing next to her, I surprised her by pulling out my little black box and kneeling down! The rest is history! We will be married on August 12th 2009 in the Logan LDS Temple.
10 comments:
Congrats, Nols! I'm so happy for you guys! Marriage is the best. And Erica seems like the coolest girl in the world--you're a lucky guy! P.S. Great way to propose--props to you!
Yay!! Thanks for blogging the story. I love it! We are so happy for you and know you two are just perfect for each other...and the ring is beautiful! Did you pick it out, Nolan?? Congrats!!
Congratulations Nolan!!! For some reason, I thought you were already married. I'm way excited for you!!! I hope you guys have a reception in Heber so I can come! :D
Congrats - you two seem to compliment each other really nicely! Although we don't keep in touch well and are extended family - tell her welcome to the family :)
I Did pick the ring out by myself, Erica had no idea I was even considering marriage! what a surprise eh!
We will have an open house in heber on the 29th of Aug. kind of late but with some celebration in Montana and school starting etc. it was the best we could work out! :)
Erin Wow, I didnt know you were checking out my blog! how great. hi!
Congrats! We are so excited for the two of you!
Congratulations Nolan.
Well good job on picking out the ring, Nolan, and way to go on the surprise tactic! We are really glad she said yes, then! And I like the new picture at the top of your blog. Very cute...or manly. Whichever you prefer.
Post a Comment