Monday, June 6, 2011

Camping!


This weekend we went camping with our friends Brad and Krissy. And let me say if there is any baby that I would camp with it is Owen (Brad and Krissy's little boy.) He didn't cry at all! It was amazing. The camping trip was fun, however I am terrified of bears. Needless to say, nothing happened and we were not attacked by bears. Some things that DID happen though:
1. The night we got there it was snowing. Yes SNOWING. I was not happy.
2. The next day the keys to the car and the trailer got locked in the trailer. So we had to break in. I thought it was funny. (Other people did not find it as funny.)
3. We spent what feels like a fortune for a fishing license and Nolan caught one fish (and it was maybe 5 inches.)



4. Oh yeah and my fear about the bears... totally justified. I asked the park ranger if there were bears and I told him to lie to me if there where. Ya know what he said? He LAUGHED at me then said "Oh yes they frequent the area." WHAT?! Why would you tell me that Mr. Park Ranger?!
It sounds like I am being negative but it was fun overall. Nolan and I went to some beaver ponds and it was sooo beautiful up there. Oh yeah, and he caught that fish thanks to me. :)



2 comments:

Mary Ann Carlile said...

Snowing? And bears?! Don't sign me up...! That fish is weak sauce, Nollie. Come here and we will catch some big ol' walleyes to fry up;) Can't wait to see you!

Bj said...

Yay for blogging!! It's super cute! So just enjoy the snow in UT while u got it because if it's any bit as humid in Iowa as it is here, you will miss it:) I have been thinking about you and your move so much and hope everything goes great!