This weekend I did a 5k "race" with my friend Caroline and her family and another friend. It was fun! We didn't actually run it (which I suppose is ok because who knows if I can even run 3.1 miles these days!) Anyways we were team Andiamo. We had pink shirts and pink capes. We were "breast cancer fighting superheroes". There were also some other really awesome shirts and costumes. My favorite was a big group of guys with a shirt that said "Testes for breasties" HAHA how great is that?! I loved it.
I think this next picture is so cool. It (kind of) puts in to perspective just how many people did the race on Saturday. (They said over 20,000 people! And they raised a million dollars!)
Yesss! Haha we finished! And it only took an hour!
On a different note... Here is an update on our lives. I started a new work schedule! I officially work Friday, Saturday, Sunday nights, 7pm-7:30am. Now to some people this doesn't sound ideal. BUT I think this is great! For the most part we don't do ANYTHING on the weekends. Usually I just sit around while Nolan is in the other room or at the school studying. So this will be good on like 20 different levels. Let me explain:
1) Before, I worked during the week on the graveyard shift. I would come home in the morning to no one because Nolan had already left for school. I would go to sleep until 3 or so and then wake up and hang out by myself for a few hours. Then Nolan would get home and I would leave for work. Then we would do it like that all week. (Which was awful!) NOW however, I will come home to Nolan on the weekends and during the week we will at least see each other at night. So this will be good!
2) Most of my friends are stay at home moms, so having the week off will be great! I'll be like a stay at home mom with no kid! So I'll actually get to hang out with my friends!
3) I make almost twice as much as I made before! Woot woot!
4)I could (potentially) get another part time job to pull in extra money. (I kind of want to work with the school district... I have my eye on a job that looks promising!)
5) I can visit family on the weekdays!!!
6) I pretty much have 5 days off!!
So pretty much I'm excited.
Next great news... WE'RE MOVING!!! I am sooo excited. It is not set in stone yet, but there is a really great town house for rent that we are looking in to. It is relatively cheap compared to other apartments in the area, but is a lot nicer and has a lot more to offer. It has a garage, 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, a washer/dryer, and a TON of storage space in the kitchen. SOO excited for that!! Plus it is in Ankeny, which is closer than where we live now, and is a lot nicer of a town than where we live now! And we have friends across the street! So I am hoping it all pans out! I will put pictures up if it works out!!


3 comments:
What a happy post. Glad to hear all the great news. And I loved the capes! I bet that little beauty can double as lingerie. Haha. (PS I deleted my first post because there were like a million grammar errors)
How fun! Looks like things are looking up for you - that's great news! The only bad thing about you working weekends is that even though we may see more of you, we won't be able to see you and Nolan together! Keep us updated on your other job prospect too - sounds interesting.
Post a Comment