So last weekend I went to see my family in Billings. It was SO GREAT.
It scared me though because I had a layover in Denver and my plane left Des Moines REALLY late. I would have been very upset if I missed my plane to Billings!
...BUT I didn't! I made it to Billings just fine! And let me tell you when my plane was landing I almost cried. It felt so good to be home for a little while. When I saw my mom I was so excited that I also almost cried... (seeing a trend here? Everything makes me cry! Haha!) Anyways, the weekend was great. We hung out, shopped (a LOT. My mom bought me a ton... thanks mom!!), got a new phone, and went out to eat. But mostly just hung out. I love my family. It was so great to see them. We also went to River Front park and took some family pictures. (Nolan didn't come to Montana with me, so that is why he isn't in these pics!!)
(My family isn't really good at "serious" pictures!)
My dad restored this truck. He is so awesome!
Now I'm sure I don't need to say this, but I bawled when I came back here. I missed Nolan like crazy and I love him so much, but I really am not adjusting to Iowa very well. We live far away from the school and everyone from our ward is far away...
That is my pitty party. We are moving closer as soon as our lease is up in December, so hopefully that will help! Then I won't be so miserable...
Haha anyways I miss you all from Utah and I love you all!!!








4 comments:
Looks like you had a great time back home! And hang in there girly...I've been dragged around a few states myself without knowing a soul, so I can completely relate. Things will get better, and try to stay totally busy - that always helped me!
You and your sisters look so much alike!! So beautiful!! Living by yourselves is hard!! It's so good for your marriage though! I'm just barely starting to notice the effects of us being by ourselves and it's been almost three years since we've moved! I play lots of music-we like primary songs at the moment! :) That helps the house not feel so empty and quiet. But to tell you the truth I'm still adjusting and I don't know if I'll ever fully adjust to not having family or friends around but in the meantime I try and stay busy and call my family! I don't know if that helps! I know it's hard! P.S. I'm trying to get better on my blog! It seems like if I ever have time to update it the camera is with Todd or something!
I had a hard time getting adjusted to being in Missouri, and mostly not having family or friends!:) We need to talk more! I have my moments being away too where I just feel so out here and alone. I like Elaine's suggestions. I try to keep music on too and go out a lot so I don't feel like a hermet! Do you have Skype? If not you must get it! It's free, you just need a webcam. When I look back even at the last 6 months I realize how much we have learned being on our own, sometimes it's just hard to see it in the moment! Hang in there girly, and lets talk soon!
erica! we miss you too! i'm sorry you aren't adjusting well :( let us know if/when you come back to utah to visit!
Post a Comment