Let me just start off by saying I am so happy that we have family close by! Blake and Maryann are in Minnesota (about 4 or so hours away) and Brok and Anne are in Missouri (about 2 or 3 hours... I can't remember exactly.) It makes being here over the holidays MUCH better! So for Thanksgiving we headed to Minnesota to have a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with the Carliles! I worked the night before so I wasn't much fun to be around, but it was so nice of them to invite us and tolerate my grouchiness! Thanks guys!! I don't have any pictures of Thanksgiving so next is Christmas!
Nolan and I were so spoiled this Christmas. Now that I have a "real" job and make "real" money we went a little overboard. But first our cute Christmas tree!
It is blurry because my camera was on manual focus instead of auto focus (which I didn't realize until it was too late!) I felt stupid. Ha. But as you can see there are about a million presents under the tree for... um just us.
These are the stockings that Santa brought for us. But not our "big" santa gifts...
This was Nolan's "big" Santa gift. It was a complete surprise for him which made it so much better!! It is a 40" LED TV. (A huge upgrade from what we had before! But Molly and Phil we really appreciated you giving us our other one!!) The old one went upstairs in Nolan's office.
And this was my AWESOME present! It's a Canon Rebel T3. I couldn't take a picture of it with my camera so I found one on the internet. But it is definitely the best present I have ever gotten!
Nolan wanted me to take a picture of him eating breakfast before we opened our presents and our stockings so his family could see that his childhood traditions have not died!
And this is just a cute little decoration we had up. I really liked it so I took a picture of it.
On Christmas Eve we just stayed at our house and watched Christmas movies. That night after Nolan set up my Christmas gifts, I snuck around downstairs to set up his. It was difficult because it was a surprise. The TV I got him was at a friends house so I made Nolan watch a TV show on the computer with headphones on while I went to their house, walked the TV to our house, and set it up. The next day Nolan was more excited about the Lionel Messi jersey I got for him. (Lionel Messi is his favorite soccer player.) But oh well because now he loves it! Anyways, the next day we went to Minnesota again. It was a lot of fun to spend Christmas with the Carlile family again!
So that was our Christmas! It was a lot of fun and I didn't even have to work! It was so nice to spend a whole two weeks with Nolan, no school and not much work! :)

3 comments:
We were happy you guys came to visit us - please come anytime! I succeeded in talking Blake out of the diabetic tradition of eating breakfast first, haha! Glad to see someone still doing it - but good luck when you have kids and there is no real reason to tell them why they have to wait to open their gifts;) It's always fun to have holidays together in new places.
I'm so glad that you upgraded your tv :) We've gone through 3 tv's since we've been married. Phil just isn't happy with having the same tv for more than a year, but that's gotta change :) Looks like a wonderful Christmas!
First off, your town house is darling! Is it a rental? Looks brand new. Looks like you guys had a great holiday! Where do you work now?
Post a Comment