So not a whole lot has been going on other than our big move and the holidays. For New Years I had to work so Nolan got to spend it alone. :( But other than that life is great! Nolan started school again and I just work on the weekends at night and do whatever I want during the weekdays. It's like I'm a stay at home wife! I work out at the YMCA with a friend of mine from work, clean (a lot! It's much easier to keep a nice place clean!), cook dinner (I have made it a goal to eat really healthy. At least one veggie with dinner!), read, and as of now I'm taking a cake decorating class. It is so much fun! A girl from my ward asked me to take it with her. I was hesitant at first, but did it anyway and I am really glad I decided to do it! Here are some pictures of my first cake:
I am pretty proud of myself! I think it is so cute! And it's a good thing I don't like cake or I might gain a lot of weight!
Another highlight of the last couple of weeks was skyping with Jamie and Derek!
Yes I am that nerdy that I took pictures of them via skype. What can I say? I just miss them so much! So hopefully I can come to Utah soon and see all my friends that I have been missing so much. So far that is all I can think of that has been going on. Hopefully I stay more current on everything so I don't have to write these long posts to get all the updates on here. If I remember anything else I'll be sure to get back on!
Just one more thing: I got this recipe from a friend and we loved it so I am sharing it with everyone who reads my blog. I highly recommend it!
Taco Soup
-3 frozen chicken breast
-1 Packet dry ranch dressing
-1 packet taco seasoning mix
-1 medium onion
-1 can Rotel tomatoes (I also added an extra can of tomatoes)
-1 can black beans
-1 can canelli (or any white) beans
-1 can kidney beans
-1 can vegetarian bake beans
-1 can corn
Put everything in a crockpot in the listed order. Do not rinse or drain the beans. DO NOT STIR! Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Shred the chicken and stir. It is ready to eat!
So it is super easy and it makes a lot. I'm not on weight watchers, but it is only 1 point for a whole cup. It is delicious! Nolan and I put some on a baked potato because it is like chili. It also freezes well so if there is extra and you don't think you'll eat all of it right away then freeze it. Enjoy!
3 comments:
Erica! I love the townhouse! I won't lie, I am super jealous. I am shoving our junk in every nook and cranny trying to make space for this baby and there just isn't any! I love the cake too. I enjoy decorating cakes and wish I could do it more! Glad things are going good. We miss you guys!
I love that you mentioned us. Thanks for the shout out. Let's do it again soon. You still need to meet hallie!
Look at you little Suzie homemaker!:) Love the cake! It sounds like you are doing great out there. Don't you love the YMCA? We have one here and we're getting a new super big one next fall that will have a big pool inside. We're excited:)
Post a Comment