So last night Nolan and I were standing in our kitchen when he hugged me and asked "do you ever feel like we are just playing house?" I sort of laughed because I think that all the time! How is it that we have our own place to live, with our own decorations, our own kitchen stuff, and even pictures of our WEDDING? When did we grow up? How is it that we both graduated from college? How is it that I have a full time job while Nolan is in med school? To be a DOCTOR? Well we talked about this for a while and had a good laugh. Because, honestly, it's unbelievable!
On another note, I finished my cake decorating class! I had to make a final cake with all the pretty flowers I learned how to make. It didn't turn out great because I missed a week and had a crash course on how to make the flowers. But it turned out better than any cake I've ever made though, so I'm happy with it!
Yes, my cake does say "love yau" on it. I had literally slept 8 hours in 48 hours because of work and I guess I forgot how to spell "you."
These roses are not easy to make! That is why I only made 3.
That was a fun class. I highly recommend it!
Another thing Nolan and I are doing is a 100 push up challenge. So for this challenge we do a series of push ups three days a week. It is a website called hundredpushups.com. I've never been able to do push ups and I have virtually no upper body strength, so I thought this would be a good idea. Ok, I'll admit it, I have to do girly push ups. But I am working towards the real thing. It's so hard though! And so far it is not getting any easier. So try it!
4 comments:
Good work on the push-up challenge! I'm a total wuss with that stuff!! Isn't it crazy how everyone is grown up!? I wonder the same thing everyday as I sit here cleaning this or that in the house and all I can think is, 'when did this happen? shouldn't I be out doing something else?' So crazy!
This is a random story and we are random people so don't be alarmed. I was asking Logan about middle names for our girl if we ended up choosing Kate as her first name. Logan was being sarcastic of course and listing out a bunch of random names. Among them was Carlile (Kate Carlile). I laughed and said wouldn't that be funny if we just randomly did that. Point of the story is, we still think about you guys often. Love the cake! So awesome and go push ups!
ERICA!! Of course I remember you!! How are you?? I'm so glad you came across my blog so we can catch up! Seems like life is pretty exciting for you being in a new place and having your husband in med school. Me and my hubby graduate in April and then we're moving out to Connecticut.
So I also took some cake decorating classes a couple of years ago and have being doing wedding cakes every since. It's pretty fun, huh? Your cakes are so cute! I am awful at doing icing flowers, especially the roses. Have you learned how to do fondant flowers? Much much easier, I think.
Hope all is well! So glad I can look at your blog now! :)
That cake is beautiful! And we totally feel like we're playing house too! I love it! And Phil and I totally did the 100 pushup thing and gave up at some point, but its awesome! Keep us up to date on your progress :) ps we miss you guys
Post a Comment