Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Ch-Ch-Changes...

So a few weeks ago my car died (as posted in the previous post.) Well we finally got a new car! We waited literally weeks for it (which was extremely annoying!) but we got it FINALLY! It is a 2008 Ford Escape. Here it is:















So yeah pretty cool! Another change for me is I cut about 10 inches or hair off! Wow scary stuff!

Before...






And after...





These pictures don't really do it justice because I have a ton of layers that you can't really see and some longer "side swoopy bangs". So anyways if anyone has any tips on how to style this new-do of mine I would be happy to take them. (Also, Mary Ann, no it's not weird that you think I look more like Ashley. So does Nolan. Now that was weird...)

Ok, this next thing is going to sound braggy, I know, but I just HAVE to write it on here because I am so proud of myself. I can finally fit in to my size 4 (yes FOUR!!) jeans! And I'm not talking about the stretch jeans, I am talking about genuine denim. AND not only that, but I don't even have to squeeze in to them! No muffin top or anything!! Seriously, I haven't fit in to a size 4 since probably my junior year of high school! So I am pretty amazed with myself.

So this post took me a long time because I wanted the pictures next to each other, but I had to do a lot of finagling to get it to look right. Does anyone know how to do this more easily? Because if there is an easy way to do this, I would love to know how!

Nolan is doing well in med school. He tells me his brain is fried on a daily basis, poor kid. He is done in a few weeks though so we both just need to endure. This next couple of weeks are especially bad. He has a test almost every day (or pretty close to that) and two tests on Monday. Medical school is insane. I guess I always knew it would be difficult for him, but I never imagined it would be like this. We have been here for almost a year, and I honestly can't figure out how we have survived it! But we have, and next year can only be better! (Especially if we have some certain friends of ours from Logan move up here!) ;) You know who you are. We are both just really looking forward to seeing everybody in Utah and I am looking forward to also seeing my family in Montana. It's been too long!

5 comments:

Mary Ann Carlile said...

Love the car! You know how some cars look like they were made just for certain people? I totally think that car looks like you guys! It just fits. And congrats on the weight loss - that is such a hard thing to do, so that is awesome! Your hair looks cute too. I think when it's shorter, you look more like Ashley to me - is that weird?
Hang in there you two - our first year of law school was I year that I hope to forget - it was SOOOOO hard. You're almost there!!

sara said...

Yay! Cute hair my friend! Make me want to chop this rats nest off my head. It's too hot. And I love the Escape! That was secretly our dream car but we ended up with an Explorer instead. She is so pretty :)

Jamie Freckleton said...

I am so proud of you Erica, I know the what challenge it is to lose weight, and I am so proud of you. And nice new ride, I am a little jealous! Glad to hear that you survived your first year out there. I wish it was us ,as your friends from Logan, moving out there!

Unknown said...

You look great! New hair, new bod, new car...that's so exciting! Kenny probably isn't getting into school this year, there isn't much movement from the waiting lists so he is going to reapply next year to dmu, so keep your fingers crossed! How long will you be there before you leave for army stuff?

Burnham said...

LOVE YOUR CAR! We really wanted to get a Ford Escape but we ended up with a Honda Pilot. And, I love your hair!! Congrats on fitting into your pants! That is a huge accomplishment!!